Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

India.Arie - I Am Not My Hair ft. Akon

No, this is not a music review!  

My hair has for better or for worse been one of the tools I've used to communicate  a lot of things that I may not have been brave enough to say out loud.  Like the time I shaved it off when I wanted to say to my ex good riddance,  when I decided to start dreading when I was on a quest to find my roots, or when I used different styles of weave after my gastric bypass surgery while trying to reconnect with my sassy side.  

So does this mean that I am my hair?  Is this what India Arie meant when she recorded this song?  Whatever what the answer might be, I am currently feeling flirty, sexy feminine, and creole.  I hope this is what someone thinks of when they see me, when they see my hair current style.











No comments:

Post a Comment